Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's official- Anessa is no longer a baby!

Anessa went to Nursery last Sunday. I think most moms look forward to nursery for the fun of it, then don't want it to come because that means their baby is growing up, and then can't wait for the time to come because the "I'm cute and cuddly and will sit still and be adored" phase has past. For me, it is a little of everything. I teach primary and so didn't spend a great deal of time with Anessa after sacrament meeting. Mike, however, got to walk the halls, chat with other dads, chase Anessa up and down the cultural hall steps, and endure(or enjoy)the hour of sunday school. Then she got to sit through Relief Society with grandma. Now, I don't think Mike will miss his sunday school hour with Anessa (ok maybe just a little, for the chats with other dads and the adorable laugh that Anessa has when you chase her), but I know grandma will miss her hour of Relief Society with Anessa. As for Nursery, Mike said he just took her in, she went to play, he stayed for a minute and left. Grandma went to change her diaper and took her back and she didn't cry at all. Now when I went to pick her up after church, I opened the door to the nursery and this is what I saw:
Anessa sprawled out on the floor, having a screaming, kicking fit. I was surprised. The primary chorister had told me during church that when she went in to sing with the nursery, Anessa was not crying, but doing good. Probably not sure what was going on, but not crying. So I walked in to a major fit. Looking confused, I asked the nursery leader what was the matter. She said that Anessa just barely started crying and that they had told her that I was coming soon. I guess she looked around, didn't see me and then the fit began.
While I am glad that Anessa wanted to see me and I am a little sad that I didn't get to take her to nursery for the first time, I certainly don't want her to have a major fit just because she doesen't get what she wants right when she wants it.
Oh well. At least she didn't cry during nursery. And yes, I must just deal with the fact that she is no longer a baby.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it when Zi was able to go to Nursery. I taught YW and my honey didnt go to church so it was quite the task to teach with her.
    I hope Nessa keeps going that easily for you.

    ReplyDelete